I am actually working on designing and delivering a department-of-education system for a developing world country. My intent is to push the code base over to open source once it drops.
- Designed from the start to support globalization (including sub-administrators doing languages). The country in question has over 50 languages spoken..
- Designed to integrate with other systems and open source projects by supporting Xml Imports and Exports
- Thus I am very interested in acquiring any XML schemas or DTD's in use at present
- One of the first deliverables with be a set of standardized Xml Schemas that the system will use.
- If you know of any such schemas, please forward to me at Ken [at] Lassesen.com
- Designed to support Web Front End, WinForm Front Ends, Java Front Ends.
- All processing components support Web Service calls and direct API calls
- Designed to support standalone use (i.e. no internet or network access, or intermittent)
- Sync may be done by USB Sticks, CDROMs, Network (when available)
- Support fine level information confidentiality (i.e. what a teacher, nurse, principal can see is definable and controlled)
- Support policed adhoc information
- Layered approach so components may be substituted easily, thus folks can work on one specific component and integrate into the whole easily.
- Multiple layer reporting system
- Class room management
- Course content creation and sharing
- Testing: paper, web site, individual PC.
At this point, I am looking for existing requirements and schemas. I see LittleFish as a possible component if we can resolve interface issues
Ken, ex Dr.Gui, MSDN